Monday, December 16, 2013

Coming Soon!

The Secret of Hidden Oaks


Blurb:

While working on his Master's degree in psychology, Carson is offered an exclusive summer internship at a private research hospital. He can't imagine a better career opportunity. But Harbor Oaks hides a dark secret. Carson soon discovers patients are being held against their will. They're all shape shifters the government fears present a danger to society.
After meeting Tate, a shy, quiet doctor with an agenda all his own, Carson begins to question his own sanity. Carson soon realizes he's really a subject of the scientist's experiments, rather than an intern.
Carson knows what's going on at Harbor Oaks is wrong, but to challenge the hospital's policies could endanger his own life. More importantly, he could lose Tate forever.

Buy Link:
http://changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=2173

Excerpt:

 “Dr. Tate is going to be your mentor. When you go into the patients rooms, he will be there to make sure everything goes well.” Dr. Kline waved a hand at the handsome man standing beside me. I almost felt a sense of possessiveness emanating from Dr. Tate. “He is a scientist, now, as I said. You will have time enough to shadow one of our psychologists here so don’t worry about getting your necessary experience. But we have a… more pressing use for you.”
My chest tightened. What kind of use?
Dr. Kline seemed to have read my mind. “We would like you to teach them how to be human, in a manner of speaking.”
“How?”
“Simply by being, although I am sure you will come up with some techniques and hypothesis on your own. The most important thing you must remember is to never wear or carry anything red. Do you understand?”
I remembered the young woman convulsing on the floor. “Yes.”
“We would like to let the Changelings go back to society, but in order for that to happen, we need someone who has not been working with them to grasp what is different about them from humans. I expect you’ll keep a journal.”
“Of course.” They wanted me to document changes in behavior? This internship kept sounding stranger.
Dr. Kline stood up so I followed suit. He started to extend his hand toward me but then withdrew it on second thought. “Please come to me if you need anything.” He smiled at me and then gave Dr. Tate one experimental glance before going to his large bay window and turning his back to me.
“Come with me.” Dr. Tate nodded toward the door. Something about him was strangely protective. Just by standing near him I felt my fear about Hidden Oaks subsiding. God, I bet he was so good in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment